Saturday Sport Volunteer
Shift 1: 11.45am to 2.15pm
Shift 2: 2.15 pm to 5.15pm
Core Sport are looking for several highly motivated Core Sport volunteers to add value to our sporting provisions and aiding mental health recovery through sport. Ideal candidates will have experience in engaging in regular physical activity on a personal level and are friendly, approachable, and highly motivated to get others involves under the leadership of the lead session tutor. Previous experience working with adults with a mental health need of NGB sporting qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- To participate, assist and reinforce teaching points of sport session/exercise class under the instruction of the lead tutor, creating a community atmosphere. Outcomes and instructions for the for the sessions will be outlined before and after the sessions with full lesson plan and debrief provided by the tutor.
- To respond flexibly to each member’s needs and help them achieve success towards their creative work plans and outlined goals, which they have set out on induction. This may be providing on-to-one support for those who have additional needs.
- To meet and greet members upon arrival and registering attendance of each session, ensuring you make introductions to other members and staff/tutors for those coming to a session for the first time.
- To keep the sports area and storage places tidy and free of clutter, and in doing so be a role model of good practice for members as well as being Covid-19 safe, adhering to policies and procedures in place currently
- Learn how to facilitate and lead sections of a class to more able or less able attendees, ensuring we are always inclusive to members individual needs under guidance from the tutor.
- To provide the lead tutor with feedback and offer insight to developing and improving services through own experience and ideas, as well as through interaction with members.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in either participating in sport or conducting sports sessions that is applicable to the session.
- A willingness to pitch in when needed and ability to adapt to depending on group attendance.
- An ability to work flexibly with vulnerable adults.
- Be friendly, approachable, and highly motivating.
- Willingness to work as part of team and be proactive in working independently.
- Ability to record data – filling our registers in a clear way, tracking attendance etc.
- Be able to be part of sessions that happens in the local community (outdoor parks, local venues etc).
- £6 per session paid expenses (please provide receipts for travel and food)
- Training and development signposting is available
- Contribute positively to team working including attending team meetings and supervisory sessions and adhere to the policies and procedures of Core Arts
- Comply with and contribute pro-actively to the Core Arts Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To attend and contribute positively to supervision sessions and reflective practice
- To undertake any required training and updating of skills as necessary
How to apply
Please send with your CV and cover letter to to Giuliana Molinari at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing why you are interested in this role and what experience you have in relation to the abilities, responsibilities and skills required.
If you have any questions, please call 020 8510 9990.