Membership Locum Support Workers (Maternity Cover)
Team: Membership Team Creative Arts/ Sports
Hours: Flexible as agreed (7 hours to 35 hours p/w)
Based: 1 St Barnabas Terrace, Homerton, London E9 6DJ
Salary: Variable according to experience £11.00 to £14.00 per hour
Core Arts are looking for Locum support workers to offer their skills and expertise to support the membership team to deliver a high quality service to our members.
Core Arts is a Mental Health Charity based in Hackney offering a range of creative arts activities to improve health and wellbeing to adults who experience mental health issues. We have over 800 clients at any one time using Core Arts/Core Sports services, working with up to 2000 people per annum.
The role is within the membership team that offers empowering support planning, motivational guidance, case management, creative goal setting and oversees individual development to deliver Core Arts Creative services to our members.
The ideal candidate will have excellent hands on experience in mental health support work and knowledge of the challenges this group face, and how the Creative Arts support recovery. An understanding of using person centred and motivational recovery focused ethos is essential.
The candidate will have managed a caseload of clients, worked dynamically with various staff teams, be confident in developing quick rapport with clients. Plus have strong experience of working with external partnerships, including secondary care clinicians.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Client focussed and able to energise and engage
- Be able to manage a high volume of administration as part of the role
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and likes change
- Likes the challenge of adapting their approach to fit with the different client groups
- Can fit in with teams and quickly adapt to a team culture and ethos
- Have a flexible, resilient, thoughtful, therapeutic approach to working with clients with complex needs
- Have ability to be self- motivating, work under pressure and manage time effectively prioritising different areas of work according to need
- Must also be enthusiastic about working with arts and education in order to support clients to improve confidence and quality of life
- You must be innovative in your approach & working practices
You will be comfortable working within a strengths and recovery framework, & will ensure that all aspects of your working practises are delivered to the highest standard are fully compliant with organisational values and contractual requirements and reflect current good practice.
If you think you’ve what it takes we would love to hear from you.
Please see attached the relevant job profiles for further information.
Closing date for applications: 12th December 2019
Interviews to be held: Core Arts 17th and 18th December 2019
How to apply
Download the full Job Description here. To apply for this vacancy please send a covering letter of why you fit the Job Description and attach your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org